What makes an event "vegan" anyway?
Well, first off, aren't we all here for the food?! Seriously though - gathering in social spaces for fun events is something we all want to enjoy more. This naturally often includes food, but can also include some other things that might make you think twice before agreeing to spend your afternoon being socially awkward.
Many family friendly events can offering things like petting zoos, pony rides, and critter shows. Outdoor markets and the like (especially in Texas) boast rows of leather and other products made from animal skin, body parts, or whole bodies. Large events can often rely on a huge amount of plastics, styrofoam, or wasteful party favors that ultimately end up in landfills forever.
Now, you might say "I just don't participate in those parts of events". And that's cool. We all do the best we can, when we can and that's amazing. But every once in a while, it's like a huge breath of fresh air to attend a social gathering when our hearts are all in the same place. The mindfulness to all the details that shows compassion for animals, ourselves, and our planet are truly noticed. Attending a vegan event supports our communities for positive change, brings a happy spirit back to our ethics, and brings connection between who otherwise might have remained strangers.
The events coming up in the Dallas Fort-Worth Area are an opportunity for you to join in the vegan conversation, just enjoy our city, and celebrate the life within it.
I hope to see you at one of these events!
- Chef Justin Box Four Course Meal: Postponed. Stay tuned - at Tiki Loco in Deep Ellum.
- Dallas Vegan Tour: October 22nd a guided bus tour around Dallas.
- Arizpe's Frightful Fall Fundraiser: October 29th at their sanctuary.
- Texas Animal Rights March: October 22nd in Austin, Tx.
- Haunted Lights & Frights Tour: October 29th guided bus tour hosted by Courtney Garza (she is our resident Vegan superstar around here!).
- Halloween Trunk or Treating: October 30th in McKinney. This is a family friendly event created so our kiddos can trick or treat for all vegan treats! Also, please note that you must be a member of the Facebook group and this event is for families with children.
- Chopping Roots Vegan Halloween Bash: October 30th at Ann's Health Food in Dallas.
- Dallas Farmers Market: Every Saturday & Sunday at The Shed. Variety of vendors, but their availability and options may change!
- Halloween Themed Treats for Order: Check out Sweet Gilly's Vegan, Reverie Bakeshop, and Moon Child Vegan Cakes for their October specials.
- Vegandale: November 12th at Addison Circle Park I'm pretty excited for this kind of event so close to home!